Rock On Goods x Topiku Hat
Recipe for the perfect hat:
- 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton panels upcycled from a garment factory.
- Salvaged buckets are collected, crushed, shredded, washed, melted down and remolded into your brim.
- ROCK ON GOODS signature imagery debossed on an upcycled leather patch from scraps at a belt factory.
- Topiku brass closure displaying a rice picking hat to symbolize the village artisans who made your hat, made up of 3 chasing arrows mimicking the recycling symbol.
- Under the brim features upcycled vintage Batik fabric, celebrating the culture and tradition of Batik motif-making.
- Available in Adult & Children's sizes. Show your little ones that it's the little things that are the big things, and what you purchase matters.
- Cut from vintage batik, each hat is as unique as you.
- Child: ages 2-10: $32.00
- Adult: ages 10-110: $36.00
Our hats are created in collaboration with Topiku, and are handcrafted from upcycled and recycled materials, salvaged from landfills, that would otherwise add to Indonesia’s ever-growing problem of waste management. Buckets are salvaged from landfills and recycled into brims. Leather scraps are collected from local businesses and then recut into straps and patches. Fabrics are upcycled directly from garment manufacturers' leftover or deadstock textiles. This process diverts material from ending up in landfills. Their sourcing process eliminates the need for the energy- and water-intensive stages of fiber, yarn, fabric, and dyeing production – Reducing their carbon footprint by over 80%. Topiku also emphasizes Artisan Empowerment by utilizing ethical craft. Home industries allow men and women to work from the comfort of their own home, participate in a closely knit community, and provide them a platform to share their craft through their specialized skills. They offer both men and women equitable work opportunities and pay a living wage of almost double the local minimum wage. Topiku's commitment to industrial ecology will form the basis for long-term sustainable environmental, social, and economic growth in developing communities.